Hannon Properties LLC
Smartphones are the way of the future. Hannon Properties, LLC has the professional builders available to build smarthomes, designed with the technology and security that makes your life safer and easier. With everything from security protocols set in place like home monitoring systems,
Call Us Today & Ask About Building a New Smarthome
Georgia Real Estate | Florida Real Estate
New Construction Home Options
"Smarthomes are quickly becoming the standard for American Living."
What is a Smart Home?
A smart home is a home setup where different devices and appliances (such as your garage door, security cameras, air conditioning and heater units, and lighting) can be controlled remotely from anywhere you have an internet connection (including smartphones and other mobile devices). The devices in a smart home are networked together through the internet, and allows the owner of the home to control different aspects, such as the temperature, lighting, security, televisions, radios, and more.
Smart Home Features
- Control appliances, lighting, thermostats, and security features with a smartphone or tablet. You have to be connected to the internet in order to do this.
- Smart homes are usually wireless, although some may be hardwired.
- Smart Home Security: Lock the doors, monitor the entryways, open gates, close garage doors, or review security footage – all with your smartphone or tablet. You can also schedule events to happen at the same time – Unlock the front door at 5 PM, or set the security alarm at 9 PM.
- Smart homes security systems will alert the homeowner if any motion is seen throughout the house if the homeowner is not at home. Based on the system, it may automatically dispatch the police or fire department.
- Appliances that are smart home enabled often have a learning-mode that will adjust as time goes on. They may adjust the lighting schedule, saving the overall electric usage.
- Internet of Things (or IoT) technology – a group of physical objects that utilize technology and is networked together and share information via internet or electronically.
Questions About Smarthomes
A Smart Home upgrade can be as little as $1,000, and go upward of $10k or more, based on the appliances you install.
According to (article), Smart Homes can increase the value of a home up to 5%. Home automation makes life easier for people, and this is considered an asset. There is a growing demand for smart homes, and if you’re planning on selling your home, one quick way to increase the value is to add a home automation system. You can do this for as little as $1,000, with a fully featured smart home system costing close to $4k. Of course, this cost can fluxuate based on the smart appliances that you’d like to upgrade your home with. Everything from light bulbs to security cameras,
The main feature of a Smart Home is the security system. This includes the ability to lock doors, monitor who enters and exits the property, window alarm systems, fire alarms, carbon monoxide alarms, and a recorded security loop. Alarm systems may be triggered either by the system itself, or you can set the alarm remotely. You may call police, fire, or ambulance without an automatic alarm, and almost every aspect can be controlled from your phone.
Smart homes help you monitor your home with security cameras, automatic locks, recording video loops, and auto dispatching fire or police in case of an emergency.
Talk with your home builder about smart homes and find out what appliances and services are right for you and your family. You may only want to control security, however you may want to have more options like tempature control, access to televisions and computers, laundry units, and more.
Smart homes utilize the “Internet of Things.” This is a group of appliances or devices that are connected together on a network that work together to keep your home secure. Your home can be controlled by your smartphone or tablet.
Smart homes services can actually help you save money, due to features like turning off lights and electronics if they’re not in use. Services yearly are based on the subscriptions and services you have, and can cost as little as $45 / month.